What are the benefits of Google Apps?
Google Apps is a cloud-based productivity suite that helps you and your team connect and get work done from anywhere on any device. It's simple to setup, use and manage, allowing you to work smarter and focus on what really matters. It includes these modules in one seamlessly integrated suite: Gmail Calendar Drive Docs (Text docs, Sheets, Slides) Hangouts Sites Vault (optional)
User benefits include:
- Data accessible from anywhere, on any computer platform
- 30GB of storage per user across email and documents with powerful search capability
- Simple and fast collaboration and messaging tools
- Data is never lost, even if your laptop dies or is stolen
- Sharing mechanism within Docs, Sites and Video enables a new level of collaboration
- No hardware or software to install or maintain
- Very low fixed cost per user Intuitive applications that many users are already familiar with - little training necessary
- Ability to move users incrementally
- Savings of license fees, hardware and data center costs
- Open platform for integration
Business benefits include:
- Decreased cost Increased employee productivity, enabling faster decision making.
- More flexibility to deploy changes and innovations fast and get on with business
- Focus resources on strategic initiatives instead of operational activities
- Attractive IT environment for the younger generation of employees
How much money can I save with Google Apps?
Most companies have a cost model for provisioning email and productivity applications to employees - usually somewhere between $300 and $1000 per employee.
Gmail has over 400 million users and growing. With Gmail, your inbox has substantial storage to minimize the need to delete email. Furthermore, there's powerful Google search functionality and email/IM threading. Instant messaging is embedded in Gmail so you can respond to an email in real-time. Priority inbox helps you focus on the most important messages and saves you time. Also, your Gmail is available from any computer so you're no longer limited to answering email at your desk. Gmail is simple to use, but not simplistic in its functionality, which means less time required for user training. You can also use Gmail offline.
With Google Calendar, you can view the calendars of co-workers and colleagues from one online calendar. Their appointments are viewable right next to yours which streamlines event planning. Google Calendar also can be integrated with other components of Google Apps. You can communicate, share and collaborate via Gmail, Talk and Calendar to reduce duplicate work and improve output efficiency. Additionally, you decide who can see your calendar details.
Google Docs improves the speed and quality of output by enabling collaboration and discussion of a document simultaneously-- multiple people in multiple locations can view, discuss, and edit the same document from anywhere at any time. It also reduces duplicate work and confusing document tracking and version control issues while simultaneously eliminating the concern of exceeding disk space and inbox quotas with the standard back and forth emailing procedure. Furthermore, Google Docs has secure sharing. Each Google Doc has sharing controls so you don't have to worry about information getting into the wrong hands.
Why Google Drive?
Google Drive gives you access to your work from anywhere, across your Mac, PC, mobile devices and on the web. Simply download Drive on your Mac or PC to sync files from your computer to the cloud. Update a file on one device and changes are automatically saved to Drive and your other device, so you have the most up-to-date version of your files wherever you need them.
Why Google Hangouts?
Hangouts brings online video meetings right to your laptop, mobile phone or tablet. Meet face-to-face with up to 15 colleagues or clients, from anywhere in the world with just a click. Hangouts is integrated with Google’s productivity apps to fit the way you work. It’s easy to schedule a Hangout from your Calendar, or jump right in from your inbox. You can add a doc from Google Drive and work together in real time during the meeting.